Dr. Md. Najmul Hossain
Ph.D. (Saitama University, Japan)
Department of Electrical, Electronic and Communication Engineering
Pabna University of Science and Technology
Total Publications: 20
- Dr. Md. Najmul Hossain was born in Rajshahi, the People’s Republic of Bangladesh in 1984. He is currently working as an Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical, Electronic and Communication Engineering, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna, Bangladesh. He received his B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees in Applied Physics and Electronic Engineering (Presently named as, Electrical and Electronic Engineering) from the University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi, Bangladesh, in 2007 and 2008, respectively. In 2010, he was also awarded a Gold Medal for his excellent academic performance. In 2020, he received his Ph.D. degree in the field of Advanced Wireless Communication Systems at the Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Saitama University, Saitama, Japan. He serves as an Editor of the Journal of Engineering Advancements. He has served as a reviewer of several SCIE/Scopus journals and international conferences. His current research interests include antenna design and wave propagation, advanced wireless communication systems, and corresponding signal processing, especially for OFDM, OTFS, MIMO, and future-generation wireless communication networks.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Department of Information and Computer Sciences, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Saitama University, Saitama, Japan, Successfully Awarded on 23 September 2020
- Master of Science (Thesis Group), Department of Applied Physics and Electronic Engineering (Presently named as Electrical and Electronic Engineering), University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi, Bangladesh
- Bachelor of Science, (Four Years), Department of Applied Physics and Electronic Engineering (Presently named as Electrical and Electronic Engineering), University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi, Bangladesh
Teaching Experience (3)
- Associate Professor, Department of Electrical, Electronic and Communication Engineering, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna, Bangladesh (Period: 22/12/2020 to present)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna, Bangladesh (Period: 08/01/2014 to 21/12/2020)
- Lecturer, Department of Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna, Bangladesh (Period: 09/01/2012 to 07/01/2014)
Administrative or Other Experience (2)
- Editor, Journal of Engineering Advancements (JEA), SciEn Publishing Group
- Executive Member of the Academic Council in the Associate Professor category, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna-6600, Bangladesh
Research Interests (2)
- Wireless Communications and Corresponding Signal Processing for OFDM, OTFS, MIMO, and Future-Generation Wireless Communication Networks
- Antenna Design and Wave Propagation
Active Research Project (1)
- Design and Performance Evaluation of Next-Generation mmWave Antenna for Wireless Communication Systems
External Affiliation (4)
- Research Collaboration with Prof. Keunsoo Yun, School of Computer and Information, Ulsan College, Dong-gu, South Korea
- Research Collaboration with Prof. Jungpil Shin, School of Computer Science and Engineering, The University of Aizu, Aizuwakamatsu, Fukushima, Japan
- Research Collaboration with Prof. Heung-Gyoon Ryu, Department of Electronic Engineering, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk, South Korea
- Research Collaboration with Prof. Tetsuya Shimamura, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Saitama University, Saitama, Japan
Awards & Recognition (3)
- Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho) Scholarship awarded by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) for pursuing Doctoral degree in Japan (Period: October 2017 to September 2020).
- Received “Gold Medal” from the Honorable Vice-Chancellor of the University of Rajshahi for outstanding academic performance in B.Sc. (Honours) level.
- Undergraduate scholarship from the University of Rajshahi throughout the four years for excellent academic performance.
Journal Articles (12)
- Md. Najmul Hossain, Al Amin Islam, Jungpil Shin, and Keunsoo Yun. “Performance Evaluation of Slotted Star Shape Dual-band Patch Antenna for Satellite and 5G Services.” IEIE Transactions on Smart Processing & Computing [Under Review]
- Md. Najmul Hossain, Liton Chandra Paul, Md. Abdur Rahim, and Jungpil Shin. “Multiband Slotted Crescent-shaped Patch Antenna for K-band Satellite and mmWave Communications.” IEIE Transactions on Smart Processing & Computing, Vol. x, No. x (2022): xx-xx. Scopus Indexed [Accepted]
- Md. Najmul Hossain. "Performance evaluation of MIMO DFT-Spread WR-OFDM system for spectrum efficiency and power efficiency." Journal of Information and Telecommunication (2022): 1-17.
- Hossain, M. N., & Ryu, H. G. (2021). Advanced OTFS communication system with compact spectrum and power efficiency improvement. International Journal of Communication Systems, 34(16), e4959.
- M. N. Hossain, Y. Sugiura, T. Shimamura, and H. G. Ryu, “DFT-Spread OTFS Communication System with the Reductions of PAPR and Nonlinear Degradation,” Wirel. Pers. Commun., vol. 115, no. 3, pp. 2211–2228, Dec. 2020, doi: 10.1007/s11277-020-07678-4, ISSN (Electronic): 1572-834X & ISSN (Print): 0929-6212.
- Md. Najmul Hossain, Tetsuya Shimamura, and Heung-Gyoon Ryu, “Nonlinear Characteristics of DFT-Spread WR-OFDM System for Spectrum-efficient Communications,” IEIE Transactions on Smart Processing and Computing, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 490 - 498, Dec. 2019.
- 2014: Iffat Ara, Md. Najmul Hossain, Md. Abdur Rahim,”ECG Signal Analysis Using Wavelet Transform”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 5, Issue 5, May-2014, ISSN 2229-5518.
- 2014: Ara, Iffat, Md Najmul Hossain, and SM Yahea Mahbub. "Baseline drift removal and de-noising of the ECG signal using wavelet transform." International Journal of Computer Applications 95, no. 16 (2014).
- 2013: Hossain, Md Nazmul, Md Abdur Rahim, and Md Shafiul Azam. "SIR-Based Power Control Algorithms in CDMA Networks." Global Journal of Computer Science and Technology (2013).
- 2013: Rahim, Md Abdur, Md Shafiul Azam, Nazmul Hossain, and Md Rashedul Islam. "Face recognition using local binary patterns (LBP)." Global Journal of Computer Science and Technology (2013).
- 2013: MN Hossain, MA Rahim, MR Islam, MS Azam, Performance Analysis of Nash and Power Balancing Algorithms for SIR-Based Power Control in CDMA Networks, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research 4 (5)
- 2013: Islam, M.R., Islam, M.B., Ahmed, M.F., Hossain, M.N. and Rahim, M.A., MEL-LPBASED GENERALIZED CEPSTRAL ANALYSIS FOR NOISY SPEECH RECOGNITION USING HMM.
Conference Proceedings (8)
- Md Matiqul Islam, Md Ashraful Islam, and Md Najmul Hossain. “Channel Estimation and Signal Detection in OFDM system using Deep Learning and its performance on Digital Modulation.” International Conference on Physics-2022, Atomic Energy Centre, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 19-21 May 2022.
- Md. Ashraful Islam, Md. Matiqul Islam, Md. Firoz Ahmed, Md. Najmul Hossain, and Md. Hasnat Kabir. “Validate the Improvement of Footprint of the Female Connector on PCB Surface by Using HFSS.” International Conference on Physics-2022, Atomic Energy Centre, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 19-21 May 2022.
- Sajeeb Chandra Das, Liton Chandra Paul, Md. Najmul Hossain, Md. Zulfiker Mahmud, and Rezaul Azim, "A Dual Band Miniaturized Spiral-shaped Patch Antenna for 5G and WiFi-5/6 Applications" In 2021 IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Information, Communication and Systems (SPICSCON). Accepted
- Rahman, Moklesur, Heung-Gyoon Ryu, and Najmul Hossain. "Ultra-Wideband Slotted Patch Antenna for mm-Wave Wireless & Ku-band Satellite System." In 2021 18th International Conference on Electrical Engineering/Electronics, Computer, Telecommunications and Information Technology (ECTI-CON), pp. 491-494. IEEE, 2021.
- Rahman, Md Moklesur, Heung-Gyoon Ryu, and Md Najmul Hossain. "A Compact Slotted Patch Antenna Design for Multiband Applications." In 2021 IEEE Asia Pacific Conference on Wireless and Mobile (APWiMob), pp. 147-150. IEEE, 2021.
- Toufiq Aziz, Tarek Mahmud Faisal, Heung-Gyoon Ryu, and Md. Najmul Hossain, "Vehicle Speed Control and Security System." In 2021 International Conference on Electronics, Information, and Communication (ICEIC), pp. 1-4. IEEE.
- Md. Najmul Hossain, Yosuke Sugiura, Tetsuya Shimamura, and Heung-Gyoon Ryu, “Waveform Design of Low Complexity WR-OTFS System for the OOB Power Reduction”, Proc. IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference Workshop (WCNCW), pp. 1-5, Apr. 2020.
- 2018: Hossain, Md Najmul, Tetsuya Shimamura, Dayoung Kim, and Heung-Gyoon Ryu. "Waveform Design of DFT-Spread WR-OFDM System for the OOB and PAPR Reduction." In 2018 International Conference on Information and Communication Technology Convergence (ICTC), pp. 792-796. IEEE, 2018.
Conducted Courses (6)
- Cellular Mobile Communication
- Radio and TV Engineering
- Communication Fundamentals
- Electrical Machine Systems
- Basic Electronics
- Basic Electrical Engineering