Dr. Md. Rabiul Islam
Ph.D. ( University of Technology Sydney, Australia), M.Sc. ( Germany), B.Sc. ( RUET, Bangladesh) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Pabna University of Science and Technology
Total Publications: 21
- Dr. Md Rabiul Islam is an Associate Professor, at the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Pabna University of Science and Technology. He holds a Ph.D. in smart grid management from the University of Technology Sydney, Australia, and developed control strategies for the distributed energy laboratory at the Australian National University, Australia. Mr. Islam completed his M.Sc. degree from the University of Oldenburg, Germany, and his B.Sc. in EEE from RUET, Bangladesh. His study for the degree of Ph.D. was supported by the IRS and UTSP scholarship and the degree of M.Sc. was supported by the highly competitive prestigious DAAD scholarship. Dr. Islam has published several research articles in renowned journals (IEEE Transactions, Elsevier) and received the UTS president award. Apart from teaching and research activities, Mr. Islam has worked in several industries in Bangladesh, Germany, and Australia (Banglalink, Huawei Technologies, Overspeed GmBH, and ITP renewables). Mr. Islam currently serves as a councilor for the PUST IEEE student branch. He also served as a secretary of the IES/PELS/IAS Chapter, IEEE NSW Section, Australia, and a member of the engineering society in Bangladesh, Germany, and Australia.
Journal Articles (14)
- Md Alamgir Hossain, Evan Gray, Junwei Lu, Md Rabiul Islam, Mohammad Shafiiul Alam, Ripon Chakrabortty, Hemanshu Roy Pota., "Optimized Forecasting Model to Improve the Accuracy of Very Short-Term Wind Power Prediction," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 19, no. 10, pp. 10145-10159, 2023. Impact factor: 12.3, Q1.
- K Prakash, M Ali, MA Hossain, Nallapaneni Manoj Kumar, MR Islam, CA Macana, Shauhrat S Chopra, HR Pota, "Planning battery energy storage system in line with grid support parameters enables circular economy aligned ancillary services in low voltage networks," Renewable Energy, vol. 201, pp. 802-820, 2022/12/01/ 2022. Impact factor: 8.7, Q1.
- Md. Rabiul Islam, Lu Haiyan, M. J. Hossain, Li Li “Coordinating Electric Vehicles and Distributed Energy Sources Constrained by Users Travel Commitment”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics. Volume- 18, Issue- 8. Impact factor: 12.3, Q1.
- Md. Rabiul Islam, Lu Haiyan, M. J. Hossain, Li Li “Optimal Coordination of Electric Vehicles and Distributed Generators for Voltage Unbalance and Neutral Current Compensation”, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. Volume- 57, Issue- 1, ISSN: 1939-9367. Impact factor: 4.4, Q1.
- Md. Rabiul Islam, Lu Haiyan, M.R. Islam, M. J. Hossain, Li Li “An IoT Based Decision Support Tool for Improving Performance of Smart Grid Connected with Distributed Energy Sources and Electric Vehicles”, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. Volume-56, Issue-4, ISSN: 1939-9367. Impact factor: 4.4, Q1.
- Md. Rabiul Islam, Lu Haiyan, M. J. Hossain, M.R. Islam, Li Li “Multi-Objective Optimization Technique for Improving Unbalance and Voltage Considering Higher Penetration of Electric Vehicles and Distributed Generation”, IEEE systems journal, Volume-14, Issue-3, ISSN: 19328184. Impact factor: 4.4, Q1.
- Md. Rabiul Islam, H. Lu, M. J. Hossain, and L. Li, “Mitigating unbalance using distributed network reconfiguration techniques in distributed power generation grids with services for electric vehicles: A review,” Journal of Cleaner Production, vol. 239, p. 117932, 2019/12/01/, 2019.ISSN: 0959-6526. Impact factor: 11.1, Q1.
- Md Rabiul Islam, Hans-Peter (Igor) Waldl, Alexander Lopez, Nithin Jagadish “Propose a Comparison Method of the PV Variability Based on roof-top PV solar data of Australia ”, International Journal of Renewable Energy Research (IJRER), ISSN: 1309-0127, Volume-8,Issue-4,pp-1891-1889, December 2018. Online ISSN: 1309-0127, Impact factor : 3.12, Q3.
- Md. Rabiul Islam, Md. Moslem Uddin, Atik Faysal, Pronob K. Ghosh “Design and Performance Evaluation of Large Scale Grid Connected PV System in the Context of Developing Countries”, International Journal For Research & Development In Technology (IJRDT) ISSN: 2349-3585, Volume-10,Issue-1, July 2018.
- Md. Rabiul Islam, Md. Moslem Uddin, Atik Faysal, Pronob K. Ghosh “Feasibility Study of RE Simulation Software: A Comparative Financial Study between Enhanced PV Solar technology and Diesel based Irrigation System”, International Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences (IJEAS), ISSN: 2394-3661, Volume-5, Issue-7, July 2018.
- M. F. Ali, Md Rabiul Islam, “Designing Human and Kitchen Waste Based Biogas & Solar Plant for Pabna University of Science & Technology (PUST) Campus and Cost Benefit Analysis after Renewable Energy Interconnection on PUST Campus’s Grid Network”, American Journal of Engineering Research (AJER), 2014, e-ISSN : 2320-0847 p-ISSN : 2320-0936 Volume-3, Issue-9, pp-28-34, September- 2014.
- Md. Rabiul Islam ,Gourab Banerjee, Feroz Ali, “ Design and Benefit Analysis of Biogas Plant for Rural Development in Bangladesh“, International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT) ISSN: 2249 – 8958, Volume-3, Issue-3, February 2014.
- Md Rabiul Islam, TS Rashid, “Prospects and potential analysis of solar and biomass energy at Pabna District, Bangladesh: A Realistic Way to Mitigate District Energy Demand”, International Journal of Engineering, ISSN: 2249 –8958, Volume-2, Issue-2, December 2012.
- THM Sumon Rashid, Md Rabiul Islam, “Prospects of renewable energy resources and regional grid integration for future energy security & development in SAARC countries”, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, ISSN: 2319-1163, Volume – 2, Issue- 1, January 2013.
Conference Proceedings (7)
- M. R. Islam, Lu Haiyan, M. J. Hossain, Li Li “Reducing Neutral Current of a higher EV Penetrated Unbalanced Distribution Grid”, Dec 10 – 12, 2019, 9th International Conference on Power and Energy Systems, Perth, Australia. Available online: Mar 2020.
- M. R. Islam, Lu Haiyan, M. J. Hossain, Li Li “Multi-objective Dynamic Phase re-configuration Technique to Mitigate the Unbalance Due to Penetration of Electric Vehicles”, Dec 10 – 12, 2019, 9th International Conference on Power and Energy Systems, Perth, Australia. Available online: Mar 2020.
- Md. Rabiul Islam, H. H. Lu, M. J. Hossain, and L. Li, “Compensating neutral current, voltage unbalance and improving voltage of an unbalanced distribution grid connected with EV and renewable energy sources,”, 22nd International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), Harbin, China, August 2019, pp. 1-5.
- Md. Rabiul Islam, H. H. Lu, M. J. Hossain, and L. Li, “A comparison of performance of GA, PSO and DE algorithms for dynamic phase reconfiguration technology of a smart grid,” IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC), Wellington, June 2019, pp. 858-865.
- Md. Rabiul Islam, H. Lu, G. Fang, L. Li, and M. J. Hossain, “Optimal dispatch of electrical vehicle and pv power to improve the power quality of an unbalanced distribution grid,” International Conference on High Performance Big Data and Intelligent Systems (HPBD&IS), Shenzhen, China, May 2019, pp. 258-263.
- Md. Rabiul Islam, H. H. Lu, M. J. Hossain, and L. Li, “Improving power quality of distributed PV-EV distribution grid by mitigating unbalance,” IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT), Melbourne, Australia, Feb-2019, pp. 643-648.
- Md. Rabiul Islam and H. I. Waldl, “Ramp rate analysis of roof-top PV on distribution grids for large cities in Australia,” 4th International Conference on the Development in the in Renewable Energy Technology (ICDRET), Dhaka, Bangladesh, Jan 2016, pp. 1-5.